|Image Credit Double--M|
Haven't tried any of these recipes yet, but there a ton I would like to at PaleoPlan.Com. A couple of posts that I read made me think she didn't subscribe to the idea that everyone should eat exactly the same thing. I really need to try some homemade beef broth - I've failed every time I've made it. BLECH!
I'm working on getting more fermented foods into my diet because it's been so successful so far. This week I plan to pick up some milk kefir grains and try that.
Menu Plan AKA Menu Routine
Breakfast Menu Plan
Lunch - leftovers or whatever for me (kids eat school lunch and they typically provide lunch for my husband at work). This will soon be changing as my husband will be changing jobs in a month.
Dinners (we eat a primalish /paleoish diet - limited grains/sugar).
Menu planning in action:
1. Outside Activities
What will conflict with supper preparations this week?
- Spring Break!!!
What's in my cupboards, fridge and freezer?
- Hamburger (raw and cooked)
- pizza sauce
- buffalo burgers
- raw chicken
- 1 cooked German Sausage link
- Frozen veggies (beans, peas, cauliflower and broccoli)
- Frozen (cooked) pinto beans
- ham broth
- What can I make that my son loves?
- What can I make that my daughter loves?
- What can I make that my husband loves?
- What can I make that I love?
- What recipes have I found online that I want to try?
- KISS night (keep it simple silly - same thing every week). Roast beef, mashed or baked potatoes (sweet for hubs and white for the kids) and roasted veggies.
- Mexican or Cajun seasoning/cream sauce with the burger crumbles.
- Pork Roast - and sweet potato fries
- Meatza w/ the buffalo burgers - boy are they gamey tasting!
- Not sure about the rest of the days...we'll be out and about so I'm going to buy some food that easy to bring with.
Chocolate chip cookies ~ hmmm still avoiding sugar, but hubs birthday is coming up...
hard boiled eggs or leftovers
Tried and true recipes:
Josie's Shepherd Pie, Thai Sauce over Meat, Comfort Roast and Horseradish Sauce, Asian Beef
Recipes to try soon:
Ranch ~ healthier alternative.
Marinade from SoSimplyGood (need to get coco aminos)
MarksDailyApple (buried in the massive post)
Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas
SimplyRecipes Flank Steak
1 bunch italian parsley
1 bunch cilantro
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup a mix of lemon and lime juice
2 garlic cloves
3/4 cup red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp salt
Remove tough stems from fresh herbs. Puree all in food processor
For my flank steak i do a dry rub of cumin salt pepper garlic and ground coriander. No measurements just sprinkle on as i pull them out of the cabinet.
Grill as you like.
Brazilian Cheese Puffs
Recipes for Brazilian Cheese Puffs and Food.com. I poured the batter into a mini muffin pan. This is not like bread, but I loved them. I had to make myself eat meat first! My son liked them, but my daughter and husband thought they were WEIRD!
Check out other menu plans at:
11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven always has a lot of homemaking posts to read as well!