If you aren't interested in the details of my shopping trip, be sure to read down to the end of the post for my tip.
Black Hills Milk:
- 4 lbs of the BEST BURGER ever...$16.00 yes, worth every cent! I made 7 mini meatzas with one pound of it. Actually, I didn't follow that recipe, I just made 7 burgers with a lip around them to hold the pizza sauce and then cooked them for about 20 minutes at 350. Added toppings and finished cooking them until they were done. FANTASTIC!
- 3 Dozen Eggs $9.00 (sometimes we can get farm fresh eggs for $2.00 per dozen - personally I don't think those people charge enough.)
- Total with tax $25.00
- 6 Pack of Raisins $1.88 (hiking trips, volleyball games and cross country meets - yes, it would be cheaper to buy in bulk, but we don't need that much dried fruit
- Dill Pickles $2.44
- Almond Butter $4.48
- Garlic Powder $.74
- Cream $2.00 (not pictured)
- Total with tax $12.15
- Coffee $4.99
- Kerrygold butter 8oz $4.49 (are you just dying here?....people that is $9.00 per pound! crazy! When I found out they might not sell it anymore I nearly cried. Yes, it's that good. It's a deep dark yellow and it tastes heavenly. I am the only one who appreciates it around here so everyone knows that it's Mom's butter.)
- Bananas $3.65
- 3 Kiwi $1.00
- Grapes $2.45
- Cilantro $.50
- 3 lbs Red Apples $3.99
- Total with tax $22.33
- Frozen Broccoli $1.79
- Sliced Mushrooms $1.50
- 8 packs Smart Chicken Leg Quarters $10.01 (on my sheet I had written $10...WEIRD!)
- Cream Cheese $2.40
- Lemon $.75
- 8oz cheese $1.50
- Black Olives $1.29
- Total with tax $20.39
Total so far $79.87
Still to buy 1 pack bacon $5 and 1 pack of German Sausage $5 - total $10.00.
Take a look at my menu plan and how we really ate.
My tip of the week:
Whenever you have a hard time controlling yourself at a grocery store, you can do one of two things:
- Bring cash and a list or
- Do NOT get a cart. You can get a shopping basket which will help you get a simple workout in, but a cart is the last thing that you need.
I have nothing against Walmart...honestly I don't know enough about both sides of the story to know if it's a good store or not. My issue with Walmart is myself. Even with cash, I find myself putting things in the cart simply because they are cheap.
Check out other frugal trips and tips at: