- Use a cast iron pan and put a generous amount of bacon grease in it.
- Let the pan get hot (on my gas stove I have high, 5, 4, 3, etc. I put it at 4).
- Carefully crack a farm fresh chicken egg into the pan.
- When that side is done (can't give you any hints there) flip it over.
- Count to 10 and serve with bacon, sausage or make a hamburger and flop it on top - now you have gravy for your burger.
My cast iron pan isn't quite seasoned so I have to add a LOT of bacon grease. I really need to season it - any tips??? I've tried this in my teflon pan and it just doesn't taste the same.
I wouldn't recommend doing this with eggs from the grocery store. By the way, I still have not mastered hard boiling a farm fresh egg - still cannot peel the silly thing!
If you want more egg info check out SimpleBites and KellytheKitchenKop.
This post has been linked to:
Grocery Cart Challenge
11th Heaven Homemaking Haven