Breakfast Menu Plan
Lunch - leftovers or whatever for me (kids eat school lunch and they typically provide lunch for my husband at work)
- Peppercorn Steak using a roast (why is it peppercorn in the title if there aren't any peppercorns in the recipe?) I found over at The TestosteronePalace, carrots and peas. I can't say that I followed the recipe a whole lot, but I was able to use up a lot of the produce that my friends gave me! It was wonderful.
- Basic Egg Casserole w/ homemade salsa and apples fried in butter w/ cinnamon maybe add a bit of cream cheese?, will add various veggies to the casserole. Delicious! Absolutely delicious!
- Burgers, green beans, baked sweet potatoes (for hubs and me) and smoothies. This might be my KISS dinner for Wednesday nights. Both kids go to youth group at different times and we rarely eat together this night. I love it when I don't have to think!
- Zuppa Toscana Soup (be sure to read their comments...I rarely follow the same recipe twice) w/ kale, roasted broccoli and carrots...forgot to make the roasted broccoli....this was fine but we really liked Lynn's potato soup from last week a lot better.
- Something with a hunk of meat called soup bone, but has a ton of meat on it...any suggestions? I threw it in the crockpot with some water and let it cook on high for 4 hours. Added some arrowroot powder to thicken it added veggies, salt, pepper and garlic powder. It was good. Not great, but I don't usually like beef flavored soups and it was really pretty tasty!
- Hmmmmmm.....Mockballs sound good and so do pork chops (with chicken I have in the freezer). I baked chicken. I still want to make those pork chops, but didn't have the items on hand.
- Hubby cooks - I always try to have meat on hand and he's great at whipping stuff up. He's making steaks from the 1/4 cow we bought.
Other recipes I want to try:
kale, french toast recipe
I updated my plan from last week so you can see how we did. I must say that putting it on my blog has helped tremendously!
Check back on Friday to see how primalish eating on a budget worked out for us!
Self (put self first - God created me first....)exercise AKA move daily
time by the creek 3X per week
10 minutes every AFTERNOON "Still Water Time (Psalm 23:2)"
|Spearfish Creek - LOVE LOVE LOVE it here!|
Family First before Others
- Say/do something nice for my husband every day (boy this is hard!)
- 1 love language per day.
- "Cuddle time" with kids every day (not literally since they aren't fond of that, but alone time with them)
- LISTEN when they talk
- Make an "outing" plan. My husband is great at this. I told him I want to do something every weekend together and he's been making plans. This week I want to come up with something.
walk with a friend
|Card I made last week and sent out to several people.|
15 minutes in zone Mon-Friday
Do something with the loads of tomatoes that I got from our friends
The following items will remain on here until they get accomplished, but I decided not to worry about them.
Figure out plan for my pictures
Fix purple shirt
Clean off shelf
Stick to blogging schedule!!! This is a fun hobby for me, but I'm spending too much time on it. Maximum
- Mon - 30 minutes
- Tues - 4 hours
- Wed - 3 hours
- Thur - 4 hours
- Fri - 1 hour
11th Heaven's Homemaking Haven always has a lot of homemaking posts to read as well!